RV (Recreational Vehicle) season is a time of joy and adventure. However, it’s crucial to ensure that you have everything prepared to make sure your journey is both enjoyable and safe. One downside of these adventures is setting up your campervans during the trip, and there’s always this fear of seeing your RV go out in the beyond when your less-than-trusty planks of wood found on the side of the road couldn’t hold the vehicle in place.
Among the essentials needed to have in your motorhome are the wheel chocks, they’re a vital safety measure which should be bought and taken on every trip. These prevent your RV from rolling away, especially if you parked it somewhere inclined or uphill. We’ve highlighted the top ten most reliable RV wheel chocks available in the market to ensure you will choose the perfect RV support that will ensure safety in your next RV adventure.
Here are the ten of the most reliable RV wheel chocks that provide the best support for your motorhomes, made from renowned names in the vehicle industry. These are their latest products for 2020, packed with benefits and features worth reading.
The 10 Best RV Wheel Chocks
The X-Chock Wheel Stabilizer Pair is one of the most effective and highly praised RV wheel chocks. It’s the product that has revolutionized the RV game altogether. This product is specially designed for trailers. These X chocks were manufactured to complement the tire’s natural movement, which essentially provides you with a stable foundation to leave your RV with.
- They are designed for camping trailers.
- The chock features an innovative design that syncs naturally with the tires’ movement as opposed to them.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The product is designed to fit even the most narrow tire spacing applications.
- It’s lightweight and easy to store.
- It comes with a ratchet wrench with comfort bumper.
- The product is made in the USA.
- Durable – The product is incredibly durable because of the application of rust inhibitive coating, finished off with its sturdy design.
- Flexible – The chock provides resounding flexibility maintained by its capability of fitting the smallest tire spacing applications.
- Stability – Chocks are made to provide a more stable foundation by preventing the vehicle’s tires from shifting while in use.
- Compact & Lightweight – The X-chock is lightweight and features a slimmer design that effortlessly fits most tire applications than other chocks.
The 2-Pack Camper Leveler, Chock Kit comes with two levelers and one RV wheel chock that will take the hassle out of leveling your mobile home. This innovative RV support lets you level your camping trailer in just the first try, every single time. The Andersen Camper Leveler provides ‘dead-on’ leveling from half an inch to four inches, no other leveler in the market is precise and easy to use.
- This item is made in the USA.
- It offers precise leveling at between half an inch and four inches, meaning it can lift your tires to four inches.
- The leveler and chock work smoothly on trailers up to 30,000 pounds with tires up to 32 inches in diameter.
- It comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
- It lets you level your camper, trailer, or RV on the first try, every time.
- The product consists of a durable camper leveling kit.
- The kit contains two levelers and one to two chocks.
- Extremely Durable – The item is made from the best quality materials and is built to last.
- Versatile – The chock kit works for any vehicle that ranges from the smallest RVs to the most massive camping trailers.
- Precise Elevation – The kit only provides you with the most precise leveling system ay any increment.
Keep your RV safe with the Trimax TCL65 Wheel Chock Lock. It lets you lock up your RV or trailers in just seconds with convenience and ease. The item is made from heavy gauge steel that ensures the chock lock accurately stabilizes your vehicles. You can use this on any vehicle because it’s one of the most versatile tire chocks out there, you can use it on trucks, cars, trailers, RVs, motorcycles, and more.
- It allows you to swiftly install a chock for all unattended RVs, trailers, cars, boats, ATVs, and more.
- The built-in chock of the item prevents RV rollaway.
- It comes with a sturdy pick-resistant locking mechanism, and it also comes with two spare keys.
- It can easily attach to any wheel, which eliminates the chances of tow or drive away.
- The item’s exterior contains a durable powder coating that ensures years without corrosion and rust formation.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Safety Ensured – The item features a top-quality pick-resistant locking mechanism that prevents thieves from stealing it.
- Quick & Easy Security – The Trimax TCL65 Wheel Chock Lock lets you secure your vehicle in just seconds.
- Premium Quality – It’s made from top-quality heavy gauge steel that makes sure it can’t be easily moved.
- Very Durable – The Trimax comes with a powder coating that protects the metal from corrosion and rust formation.
- Made for all Vehicles – Its unique universal design makes it suitable for all manufacturers’ vehicles.
- Compact – Its compact size lets it fit nicely inside a car’s trunk or an RV so that you can keep it on hand at all times.
The ONEstep Wheel Chock For Tandem Axle Trailer and RV’s stabilizing wheel chocks intuitive design secures any trailer wheel or RV with ease so you can eliminate the annoying rocking of your trailer or motorhome. The item locks both wheels securely in place, which allows you to move around your trailer without having to worry about it rolling away.
- It fits all types of vehicles with typical axle suspension and spacing.
- Its scissor arms contain powder coating that ensures minimal rust and corrosion.
- Its wedges are plated with Zinc that prolongs the lifespan of the item.
- The cable handle is UV resistant coated for maximum safety.
- It comes with a 1-year limited warranty.
- It offers you quick, simple mounting and removal.
- Its length is adjustable and fits many tire applications.
- The item is lockable, which deters thieves.
- It’s only made with the finest materials, ensuring durability with its steel construction.
- It comes with a cotter pin, clevis pin, and a hex key.
- Easy to use – The item allows you to do a swift installation, no more getting down on your knees when positioning this handy support for your RV.
- Made for all types of Vehicles – This trailer wheel chock can be used on a trailer, 5th wheels, cargo, boat, horse, farm, cars, motorcycles, and utility trailers.
- Adjustable – Its center pin design lets it easily adjust from 16 inches to 24 inches that fit most RVs.
The Ultra-Fab Products 21-001094 Super Grip Wheel Chocks enhances the trailer occupant’s comfort by preventing the tandem wheels from moving. It effectively blocks the wheel by bracing your tandem wheels against one another, which eliminates the annoying rocking motion common in an RV or trailer even on the roughest terrains, never use it as wheel wedges or brakes.
- The item features a corrosion-resistant zinc plating.
- The Ultra-Fab consists of heavy-gauge steel construction.
- It comes with padlocks that deter thieves.
- E-Z ratchet is included for more natural expansion of units or wheels.
- The wheel chocks eliminate space between tandem-axle tires, which prevents rocking when parked on uneven terrain.
- The item fits most tire applications.
- It comes with anchors that oppose wheels of tandem axles.
- It features pivoting louvers that increase tire grip, which prevents slipping.
- It comes with a superior handle design that reduces slippage while mounting the item.
- You can adjust if from 1.5 inches to 17 inches.
- Pivoting Louver Technology – This technology allows these Super Grip Wheel Chocks to get a firmer grip on your tires as they hug each wheel’s surface.
- Adjustable – The item can swivel to conform to your wheels’ exact curve, which creates a better grip on the tires.
- Stability – It can apply the necessary force between the RV’s tires to provide excellent RV stability.
The Camco RV Curved Leveler with Chock provides you with quality service at an affordable price. It’s designed to help counter the RV movement, providing you with the easiest way to stabilize your RV with one piece of equipment. Its unique honeycomb design makes the item lightweight but durable, and its curved-design allows you only to chock the leveler at the exact right height.
- The wheel chock is easy to use, spin the wedges to separate the materials.
- It lets you stabilize your camping van by securing its tandem tires to prevent unnecessary movement while parked on rough terrains.
- The drive-on level adds up to four inches in height.
- Its honeycomb design makes the leveler lighter but still durable.
- The chock has non-slip rubber grippers on the bottom.
- It can be used for tires between 26 to 30 inches in diameter.
- It can be used in camping trailers or motorhomes up to 30,000 pounds.
- It’s ideal to use alongside wheels with a spacing of 3-1/2 inches to 5-1/2 inches.
- Locking Mechanism – It provides you with ensured security with its durable tightening mechanism, which is made of pure metal.
- Simple Operation – The wheel chock is a much lighter and more straightforward method of keeping your camping trailer or RV in place than traditional wedge type chocks.
- Affordable – One of the best benefits of the Camco RV Wheel Chock is that it’s far less expensive than other brands.
During road trips, you don’t always access to parking spots with hard surfaces, now with the Beech Lane Camper Leveler 2 Pack Wheel Chocks leveling your RV or rig has never been easier. Each set of two-pack levelers and wheel chocks come with grip mats to prevent sliding when mounting the wheel chocks Canadian tire—providing you with guaranteed service that lasts.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- The first pack came with the standard levelers and wheel chocks, but now Beech Lane has included two rubber grip mats to prevent sliding when mounting the product.
- Its leveler and wheel chock is made from the highest quality polymer construction.
- The item can hold camping trailers up to 35,000 pounds.
- It’s guaranteed to last a lifetime.
- Everything in One Pack – The product comes with two levelers, two chocks, and two rubber grip mats.
- Precise Leveling – It always gives your precise free leveling in any increment.
- Fast Installation – Leveling can be done in any increment from half an inch to four inches in less than 5 minutes.
- Top-Quality Materials – It’s constructed from the highest quality nylon that ensures lifetime service.
Andersen Hitches wheel chocks and innovative camping leveler lets you level your RV or trailer on the first try, all the time. It eliminates hassle and guesswork in your installations on your RV wheel or trailer wheel, providing you with accurate leveling at any incline or increment from 1/2 to 4 inches. It’s made from the most robust materials and ensures long-lasting service for a lifetime.
- Level your RV on the first try, all the time.
- It can lift your RV wheel to 4 inches.
- It works on all trailers, even the heaviest ones that weigh more than 30,000 pounds.
- It can work seamlessly even with the most massive tires that are 32 inches in diameter.
- It provides you with precise and accurate leveling at any increment between 1/2 inch and 4 inches.
- Easy & Fast Results – Level your RV on the first try, all the time. The Andersen Hitches also offers chocks with the kit that effectively stops the rocking of any RV.
- Hassle-free Leveling – The item lets you level your vehicles in any increment with precision intact.
- Durable – The wheel chocks work great on any RV or trailer up to 30,000 pounds without reducing its quality.
- These RV wheel chocks offer optimal visibility due to the bright reflective tapes on three sides.
- These heavy-duty chocks can withstand substantial pressure.
- This wheel chock comes in a pair along with a sturdy 36-inch nylon cord.
- This extruded rubber wheel chock is primarily designed to use in anchoring a large pipe, aircraft, or ground equipment.
- Sturdy Durability – It resembles the identical quality of those chocks found in airports, and if these wheel chocks can hold planes, they can more than enough hold your camping trailer or RV in place.
- Compact & Lightweight – These wheel chocks are lightweight and easy to store. It’s joined together by a three-foot nylon rope with reflective tape for better visibility.
- Easy to use – These rubber chocks don’t require a ratchet wrench to install them and hold your RV’s tandem tires in place.
- The product comes with dual wheel chocks, which ensures a firm grip on any tire.
- The handles in these chocks are durable and don’t easily rust and bend.
- These rustproof chocks are easy to use and wide enough for your chocks together to stay together and pull out easily.
- Its rib design and textured bottom grip any surface quickly.
- These x-chocks are reinforced with weather-resistant nylon.
- Ease of use – It’s best to use with wheel ramps on slick garage floors.
- Durable – Unlike other wheel chocks, the AFA Tooling RV Wheel Chock is made from only the best quality materials that provide longer-lasting service.
- Ensured Stability – Use these wheel chocks from AFA, and you don’t have to worry about your vehicles rolling away, even if you’re parked on the steepest inclines.
Why you need camper wheel chocks
When out on a road trip or in your driveway, we recommend always to use RV wheel chocks. They’re modestly priced but still provide your vehicles with optimal support. Below are some advantages of these affordable essentials.
- They keep the vehicle from slipping or rolling away.
- They prevent excess movement while walking inside the cabin of the vehicle.
- They secure your vehicles even on steep or uneven surfaces.
- The combination of these wheel stoppers and air brakes work best to ensure the maximum safety and security of your vehicle.
- These items secure your RV while parked on even or uneven terrains.
- The items lock the vehicle in place, so you don’t have to tolerate the excessive rocking.
- They limit the back and forth movement.
- These items can be used for any vehicles, even for larger ones like a camper trailer or 5th wheel.
- It secures the 5th wheel in place since these don’t have parking brakes to keep them from rolling away.
- It provides extra support to the emergency brakes whenever the unit is parked or when it gets detached and heads downhill.
- It stabilizes your unit even in the rough terrains, such as uneven gravel and steep terrains.
- Since parking brakes are usually for the back wheels only, you need this item to secure the front wheels of the unit to ensure it won’t roll away.
What are the best RV wheel chocks?
When looking for the best RV wheel stoppers, you must find the perfect balance between matters and price. Below are the factors that the best RV wheel chocks should have.
The strength of the grip of the RV wheel chock should be able to handle any tire. The firmer the grip, the safer it is. You can check the ribbings of any chock to see how the suction power works on smooth and rough terrains.
These RV wheel chocks are essential safety devices; that’s why you should make sure that they don’t easily break off or else your safety and your vehicle’s integrity will be compromised. Check what the product is made off, to see if they can withstand harsh environmental conditions, or are resistant to rust or corrosion.
If you want the best wheel chocks, choose ones made of steel and have rust-resistant powder coating. Chocks made of thick rubber and thick plastic are recommended too as they don’t easily chip off.
These are for X-chocks or tire lockers, and it should be able to stabilize your motorhome’s wheels suspension with ease.
The best RV wheel chock should be able to handle the load of your RV. Make sure to check the Gross Vehicle Weight Requirement that they can withstand.
Ease of use
The best RV wheel chocks should be simple to use so that you or anyone in your family can easily install these on your respective vehicles. Some of these stoppers are too complicated to install, like the X-chocks. For novices, use regular wheel stoppers first to ensure your RV doesn’t roll while you’re installing your primary stopper.
Size of the Chock
Not every stopper can fit all wheels, and you should know the size of your vehicle’s wheels first before buying your chocks. Make sure the chock’s height is no less than 25% of your RV’s wheel size. If you have tandem wheels like for your tandem-axle trailers, make sure your X-chock can fit between the tires and provide optimal support.
If you want the best wheel chocks, you have to make sure they are capable of handling other tasks. These include having cords that are simple to pull for more effortless adjustment, having reflective tape for better visibility of the product, or if the stoppers need a wench for installation.
What is an x-chock wheel stabilizer?
It’s a type of wheel chock that instills a locking mechanism in keeping your tires in place. It provides added stabilization and prevents your vehicle’s tire from shifting by applying opposing force to your tandem tire applications.
Are wheel chocks necessary?
Yes, if you frequently go on trips or work on your car and use a jack, RV wheel chocks are vital. Chocks are made to prevent any unwanted rolling since parking brakes are usually used for back wheels only, these items keep the front wheels of the vehicles intact.
Are plastic wheel chocks safe?
Yes, they’re relatively safe and better at resisting blunt damage, cuts, scratches, wind damage, and water damage than chocks made of rubber. They’re also lighter in weight than aluminum, metal, or rubber versions of these stoppers, however, these items are not as durable as steel alloy or aluminum chocks.
How many wheel chocks do you need for RV?
It’s recommended that you use only one chock per tire of the vehicle to ensure it doesn’t roll away. Using four chocks on any vehicle secures both the back and front wheels and limit their movements better. However, for smaller trailers or fifth wheels, you can use two chocks.
Though wheel chocks are small in size, they provide us with the most prominent safety measure in our vehicles. Before purchasing these handy wheel chocks, make sure to know what works best for your RV, trailer, car, motorcycle, campers, and other utility vehicles. We hope our intensive guide on some of the best RV wheel chocks helped you decide on finding your perfect support for your adventure.