The 10 Best Ultralight Backpack
Check out the 10 best ultralight backpacks that you can buy in the market
1. TETON Sports Scout 3400 Internal Frame Backpack
No trip is complete with a handy backpacker bag. The best bag can make all the difference during your expeditions. Backpacking is not an easy activity, so you need the appropriate gear to keep up with your latest endeavors.
The Scout 3400 was created for that purpose, organizing your essentials with multiple external pockets and individual compartments for your sleeping bags, tents, and sleeping pads. It can pack all for a more comfortable adventure.
- It has an adjustable torso length that fits all types of body sizes.
- The product has a sturdy 600D ripstop finished off with an Oxford Canvas shell.
- The carrier has front compression straps that secure your sleeping bag or tent.
- Features durable padded waist straps with locking hip straps that keep the bag in place.
- Its aluminum stays are easy to access for hassle-free adjustments of the product.
- Besides its large main compartment, it has a separate sleeping bag compartment for easier access to the item.
- It uses large size durable zippered pockets with weather-guard zippers that can handle all harsh environmental conditions.
- A rainfly is included with the product.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Weight: 4.5 lbs.
- The Cost-effective Universal Pack for Everyone
It’s one of the best internal frame packs out in the market for a reasonable price for its numerous features. It’s suitable for both men and women—adjustable Torso length: 15 to 20 inches & Hip belt 26 to inches.
- Comfort & Functionality in One Bag
The Scout 3400 includes a padded back panel tailored for optimal airflow for more comfortable trips, padded lumbar, and sturdy waist, shoulder straps that help you balance the load with ease.
- Large Capacity
This high-performance 55-liter bag offers plenty of room for all your mountain gear from your sleeping bags to your snacks, for 2 to 4 days in the great outdoors.
2. OGIO Renegade RSS Backpacking Bag
Ogio is one of the Powersports industry leaders offering top-quality performance gear that consists of ramps, stands, accessories, bags, and packs—focusing on innovative products such as their newest OGIO Renegade RSS.
The product is made from the combination of the most excellent quality construction and top-quality materials, effortlessly providing you with one of the most robust bags that can handle anything you throw at it.
- The product is made from the most durable materials: 600D Polyester Pindot.
- It ensures the protection of your laptops with its separate armored dedicated laptop compartment that fits 15 to 17 inches laptops.
- The OGIO Renegade RSS pack aims to provide you with maximum comfort to the littlest details. Its neoprene grab handle is soft-touch padded.
- It comes with integrated foam panels that keep your essentials protected at all times.
- Providing you with endless organization possibilities with its handy deluxe organization panel finished off with a durable zippered stash pocket.
- The product comes with a separate luggage handle pass-through that accommodates a more comfortable utilization of your rolling luggage.
- For digital the nomads, the product comes with individuals padded pockets for your iPads or tablets.
- It comes with dual side water bottle holders that ensure you have easy access to your drinks to stay hydrated throughout your expeditions.
- Weight: 3.6 lbs.
- Easier Organization
The OGIO Renegade RSS helps you keep all your essentials organized and close at hand with its unique organization pockets and multiple compartments that can house anything from your digital camera to your boxed lunches.
- Separated Laptop Compartment
This pack offers a dedicated compartment just for your fragile laptop, ensuring its protection with the bag’s integrated foam panels. The compartment can also cater to other gadgets such as iPads, tablets, Bluetooth speakers, and more.
- Ensures Comfort
Besides convenience, the OGIO Renegade RSS pack ensures comfort for all your adventures with its unique hybrid unibody back panel finished off with its ergonomic shoulder straps that provide support for everyday use.
3. Berghaus Trailhead 65L Rucksack
The Berghaus Trailhead 65L Pack offers lots of features and is finished with Berghaus technology, making it the ideal multi-day pack or hike backpack at an affordable price. The products boast a comfortable and straightforward design with a large 65-liter capacity and a weight of 2.6 lbs., which ensures the best trips alongside convenience.
- The product offers maximum comfort with its unique BIO FIT back system with bespoke back length adjustments.
- It comes with a pre-curved hip belt that allows you to carry heavy loads easier.
- It lets you separate your wet and dry gear with its base compartment bivy divider.
- Because of its handy walking pole attachment points, this pack is ideal for avid hikers.
- The pack comes with numerous pockets and attachment points.
- The product comes with a separate rain cover that helps you keep your gear dry.
- The bag is hydration system compatible.
- BIO FIT Back System
Like with all good packs, the Berghaus Trailhead Pack comes with adjustable back lengths with their unique BIO FIT back system that ensures this bag fits all. The addition of their adjustable top tension straps and hip belt allows for comfort on the hill.
- Better Organization
This frameless pack lets you organize your belongings with its handy base compartment bivy divider, hip belt pockets, side pockets, bottle pockets, multiple attachment areas, and walking pole attachment points.
- Extremely Durable
The product can handle all types of harsh conditions with the addition of a free separate rain cover. These stuff sacks are also hydration systems compatible that lets you stay hydrated during your travels.
4. Kelty Coyote 65 Backpack
The Kelty Coyote 65 pack boasts an impressive 65-liter capacity that is versatile for a wide range of backcountry trips. It’s made from premium Aluminum and HDPE (High-density polyethylene) materials that ensure long-lasting service. This handy pack is the ideal companion for both avid trekkers and novices, bringing comfort to your next journey.
- It features separate straps for the sternum, load-lifter, and a unique belt stabilizer strap.
- Its top lid converts into a small sling pack for shorter trips.
- The bag gives you easier front panel access.
- It allows you to pack vertically; this process is called top loading.
- It has a large front pocket for better organization, which comes with a stretch front pouch.
- The product comes with side compression straps for more comfort.
- The item comes with two hideaway ice ax loops making it ideal for those who lie during colder seasons.
- It comes with dual pick-up handles for easier carrying.
- It comes with multiple hip pockets.
- The product is hydration compatible.
- Its back panel, hip belt, and shoulder straps are made from Hex Mesh.
- HDPE frame sheet and reinforced waist belt.
- It features a unique PerfectFIT function that provides you with adjustable suspension.
- The product comes with a single light beam aluminum stay that can handle heavier loads.
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- PerfectFIT Suspension
This unique function from the Kelty Coyote 65 pack distinguishes itself from the other backpacks because it offers you versatility and comfort with its one size fits all mechanism that allows you to adjust the length of the product with ease.
- LightBeam Aluminum Stay
The product’s single LightBeam aluminum stay feature allows it to handle heavier loads, providing optimal support for smoother travels. You don’t have to worry about your gear giving up on you for longer trips.
The gear is perfect for any trip, giving you many compartments for all your essentials, keeping it organized to make packing up a breeze. Its top lid conveniently turns the bag into a sling pack, which is ideal for shorter excursions.
5. Gregory Baltoro 65L Pack
The Gregory Baltoro 65L Pack was the crowned winner of the established Backpacker magazine’s 2015 Gold Award for the best pack of that year. The Gregory Baltoro 65 offers plenty of room for extended trips or everyday use with its customizable suspension; it makes it the ideal companion for extended adventures or long winter excursions with a minimalist gear list. It’s the perfect pack for gear savvy and novice hikers alike.
- The pack includes an exclusive 3D air hip belt and multiple harnesses designed by Gregory’s pre-curved technology with durable multi-density LifeSpan EVA foam.
- The product relieves pressure in sensitive areas by eliminating hot spots courtesy of LifeSpan EVA foam construction and Gregory’s pre-curved technology.
- It includes a full-body U-zip, which opens the bag’s front or main compartment for easy unloading.
- It features two front zippered pockets with a durable stretch mesh pocket for extra durability.
- The stretch mesh pocket provides extra space for a water bottle, trekking poles, snacks, sandals, and other necessities.
- The pack comes with a unique Response A3 Suspension function that provides A3 (Auto, Angle, Adjust) shoulder harnesses and hip belts, which rotates to your body’s unique geometry, ensuring the perfect custom fit.
- It comes with a matrix breathable back panel with layered, dense foam for optimal airflow, support, and cushioning.
- The top lid design with double zippered pockets provides more storage for larger items with its flexible center divider.
- The pack comes with a custom comfort-grip zipper pull.
- Its water-resistant WeatherShield hip belt pocket comes with unique YKK aqua guard zippers for quick access to your gadgets.
- Its zippered bottom compartment for sleeping bags comes with a removable divider.
- The product includes a light sidekick daypack that converts into removable hydration sleeves.
- Weight: 4.6 lbs.
- The Best of the Best
The Gregory Baltoro 65L Pack is considered one of the best performing packs in the industry. It is further backed by the editors of the globally renowned Backpacker’s magazine in 2015 by awarding the product with the prestigious Gold Award. Awards given by the magazine are only offered to products that have consistently provide best-in-class performances for more than five years.
- Response A3 Suspension
The pack comes with a unique terrain-adaptive Response A3 suspensions that come with multiple harnesses and an independently rotating hip belt. That helps the product withstand off-the-beaten-path locales. It can also be customized to your specific needs.
- Sidewinder Water Bottle Holster
The product comes with a unique sidewinder bottle holster that gives you easier bottle access when out for a long hike, and it tucks away the bottle when not in use, leaving you unhindered for the rest of the trip.
- Sidekick Daypack
The pack comes with a handy sidekick daypack that lets you store extra gear, and it can also double as an internal hydration sleeve that helps you stay hydrated during long treks or trips.
- Sunglass QuickStow System
A unique system on the shoulder harnesses for fast and secure access to your favorite sunglasses or shades.
6. Osprey Packs Atmos AG 50 Men's Backpacking Backpack
The Osprey Packs Atmos AG 50 Men’s Ultralight Pack is one of the top ultralight backpacks in the market because of its well-ventilated and comfortable features made for traditional backpacking journeys lasting for days to come. The pack comes with unique features like Osprey’s unique AntiGravity suspension that makes it feel like you’re carrying less weight, making every step of your journey more comfortable than ever.
- Special AntiGravity suspension that lets you feel like you’re carrying less weight than what’s inside your pack.
- The product allows you to stow your poles in steep terrain or when you need your hands free with its stow-on-the-Go trekking pole attachments that most packs yet still have.
- It includes a Fit-on-the-Fly hip belt and an adjustable harness that fits around any body type with ease.
- It comes with an internal hydration reservoir sleeve that can contain up to 3 liters of liquid.
- Its floating top lid is removable finished off with sturdy web attachment points and dual zippered pockets.
- The integrated FlapJacket offered by Osprey protects your gear when the top is removed.
- The pack comes with external pockets and a stretch mesh pocket that stores rain gear for better accessibility.
- It comes with dual access mesh side pockets that allow you to store extra water bottles and other gear with its unique InsideOut side compression straps.
- It comes with removable sleeping pad straps.
- Its sternum strap comes with an integrated safety whistle, which ensures your safety during longer trips.
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- AntiGravity Suspension
The innovative AntiGravity Suspension function makes your hikes easier by making you feel like you’re carrying less weight than you are—the addition of its best-fitting feature that allows the pack to wrap around any body type seamlessly.
- Multiple Pockets and Attachment Points
The product comes with numerous external pockets and attachment points for more straightforward navigation and organization. It provides an easy-to-use stretch mesh pocket, FlapJacket for lidless use, and its Stow on the go trekking pole attachment.
- Floating Top Lid
The pack comes with a removable floating top lid finished off with sturdy zippered pockets and web attachment points for extra security and convenience. When removing the cap, the integrated FlapJacket flap will protect your gear in the absence of the conventional cover.
- Seamless Organization
The product’s adjustable stretch mesh side pockets and front mesh pocket provide you with additional organizational options and external storage finished off with durable double zippers.
The ultralight packs’ removable floating top can be replaced with Osprey’s handy fixed FlapJacket, which protects your gear while maintaining minimal weight.
7. Granite Gear Crown 2 60 Backpack
The Granite Gear Crown 2 60 Pack is Granite’s newest ultralight multi-day pack. This pack is Granite gear’s new and improved version of the classic 60 l pack. The Crown2 comes with their patent-pending fully adjustable hip belt and their new innovative Air-Current Mark 2 compression molded PP frame sheet. This product only weighs 2.2 lbs. Despite its numerous features, they are further improving the brand’s classic 60 l ultralight bag.
- It includes a fully adjustable belt for the hips.
- The product comes with dual belt pockets with DWR treated zippers.
- It features a dual-density shoulder harness finished off with load-lifter straps and a removable sternum strap for convenience and comfort when trekking.
- The weight of the product is two pounds, which reduces the strain on your back and shoulders.
- The bag has a stretch mesh pocket on the front of it.
- It comes with an internal hydration sleeve and hydration port.
- RE-FIT Adjustable Hip Belt
Items like the top ultralight backpacks, the Crown2 boasts a seamlessly adjustable belt that can easily fit any body type.
- Removable Lid with DWR Treated Zipper
One of the highlights that separate this pack from the 60 l ultralight bag is it’s newly designed removable top lid compartment with a DWR (Durable water repellent) treated zipper. This new lid allows you to have quick access to your smaller items stored in the bag. Remove the cover by unclipping the back and cinch the straps with the dual compression system that ensures the perfect fit.
- VC Mark 2 Frame
The frame of the pack is molded from a polypropylene frame sheet with die-cut holes to lessen the pack’s weight without compromising the design. The frame is fully removable, which allows you to reduce the weight’s bag for longer trips.
- Crown 2 Suspension System
Unlike other packs, the Crown2 comes with a unique suspension system that offers a molded foam back panel with ventilation channels that ensures comfort and the ultralight experience.
8. Teton Sports Ultralight Plus Backpacking Packs
The Teton Sports Ultralight Plus Packs is made for hikers everywhere. Hiking is a tiring activity, and it can push you to your limits; that’s why you need a pack that can handle the harsh conditions and keeps up with your latest endeavors. The expedition ready Teton Sports Ultralight Plus Packs offers fully-adjustable straps and provide extra-large carrying capacity to ensure room for all of your gear.
- The product doesn’t come with a bulky external frame as it’s structured with an internal frame.
- This backpacking gear includes exterior and interior gear loops for more storage space.
- This ultralight bag offers up to 90 liters of storage capacity.
- The bag comes with a removable hood and a hiking pack.
- It comes with a lifetime warranty.
- Besides its large main compartment, the product also has a separate compartment for sleeping bags.
- It features compression straps for maximum comfort.
- The Perfect Fit
The gear comes with a waistband with independent torso and hips adjustments, which offers you a perfect customizable fit—the ideal travel backpack for everyone.
- Extremely Durable
The pack comes with a patented black oxford canvas shell that enhances the packs’ overall durability, making it ideal for the most rugged adventures. Its multiple compression straps include sturdy buckles that balance your bag comfortably.
- Large Carrying Capacity
This frameless pack is one of the top ultralight backpacks that provide more than 90 liters of capacity with a weight of just 5.2 lbs. It allows you to prepare for the most extreme and most extended excursions.
- Multiple Gear Loop
The product provides plenty of room for your gear to bring during trips, both inside and outside the pack.
9. NEVO RHINO 50L/60L/80L Internal Frame Backpack
The NEVO RHINO Internal Frame Backpack is one of the newest contenders amongst the best ultralight backpacks. It’s made of top-quality nylon fabric that makes the product water-resistant and tear-resistant. It comes with multiple side pockets and compartments that help you organize your items better. The item is thoughtfully designed with its ergonomic shoulder straps, adjustable hip belt, and rear panel suspensions that keep your Hyperlite mountain gear in tow.
- The product comes in three capacity sizes: 50-liter, 60-liter, and 80-liter making lightweight backpacking easier.
- Weight: 1.5 lbs. to 2.5 lbs.
- The ultralight product is only made of premium materials.
- The product comes with a waterproof rain cover.
- It provides comfort with its compression straps.
- Its high-load waist buckle system can handle heavy loads.
- It comes with numerous pockets like side pockets, external mesh pockets, and more.
- Multi-Purpose Bag
This ultralight bag is perfect for hiking, traveling, mountaineering, and other vast outdoor activities. You never have to worry about limited storage for your Hyperlite mountain gear during your excursions.
- Reflective Strips
The straps of the gear come with reflective strips that improve recognition in darker areas, making your trips safer.
- Tear Resistant & Water-Resistant Material
The item is made of top-quality nylon material that provides long-lasting service or company for your next adventures.
10. Mardingtop 65+10L/65L Molle Hiking Internal Frame Backpacks with Rain Cover
The Mardingtop Molle Hiking Internal Frame Backpacks with Rain Cover is the versatile pack made for camping, trekking, hiking, and traveling. The product is lightweight with high carrying capacities that provide you more storage space with its many pockets for your water bottle and other gear.
- The Mardingtop Molle bag provides you with modular lightweight load-carrying equipment that covers the whole product, allowing you to hang your sleeping bag, pads, tents, hammock, and other gear.
- It comes with a 90-day limited warranty.
- It features a zipped pocket on the top of the bag, which is perfect for storing smaller items such as a rain cover.
- It comes with flag patches and a velcro name tape, for authenticity.
- The item comes with a handy hiking pole attachment where you can place your ice ax or hiking poles.
- It comes with an extension collar with two drawstrings that can expand the bag and increase its storage capacity to 5 liters.
- The product is a hydration system compatible, which features an internal hydration system and an exit port on one side for the tube.
- With having the weight of only 4.5 lbs., the product ensures maximum comfort during your trips.
- Hydration Compartment
The product comes with a unique hydration compartment where you can store up to 3 liters of fluids or a 15-inch laptop.
- Ergonomic Design
The bag comes with a simple and intuitive design that features two side pockets and hip belt pockets. These pockets can hold all your essentials like gloves, ropes, flashlights, and other gear that can be attached to the Mardingtop Molle through the webbing with hooks.
- Premium Materials
The item only consists of the best quality materials: YKK zipper, YKK buckle, and the product itself is made with water-resistant 600D polyester.
- Sleeping Bag Compartment
The zipper divider inside the product can separate the main compartment from the sleeping compartment for easier access during camping excursions.
The bag is versatile and can meet size requirements for most airlines if you’re planning on traveling frequently. These packs can also be used in trekking, camping, hiking, and climbing.
What is an Ultralight Backpack?
Ultralight backpacks are a unique variation of mainstream backpacks that features either internal or external frames, which typically fall up to 2 to 5 pounds in weight. What sets these packs apart from the conventional bags is that ultralight bags have unique designs that allow you to pack your things more organized than traditional bags.
Conclusion: Ultralight Backpack Review
Ultralight backpacking is becoming popularized because of its unique conceptualization of carrying the most needed essentials. People from all around appreciated it because of the convenience and comfort it provides during long or short excursions. The main focus of the best ultralight backpacks is to reduce the base weight as much as possible while keeping safety intact.
We’ve listed our top 10 picks of the most favored ultralight packs in the market right now, because of their massive benefits and features. We hope this intensive guide about the innovative product helps you find your perfect ultralight backpack companion for your next adventure. Happy packing!