Best RV Water Pump for Portable Use
The process of buying the best RV water pump can be very tricky and confusing to most of us. Since we only want the cleanest and freshest water, we get troubled with what product to go since everyone is claiming that they can do it. But we get into more trouble with the process, let’s discuss some of the basic information that you need to know about the RV pump.
The RV water pump is responsible for taking the water out from your tank and bringing it to the piping system of your rig. The main function that makes it very important is the RV water pump is increasing the water flow while stabilizing its pressure. With an average RV water pump, you can get 50 gallons to 200 gallons of a freshwater tank. This water supply is what you will use during travel or camping.
The 10 Best RV Water Pump
If you have boats that come with multiple fixtures and you want to provide a home-like pressure, then this Shurflo Aqua King II Fresh Water Pumps is the product that you need. With its built-in mechanical bypass function, it can operate at lower water flow conditions with minimal cycling. Its heavy-duty and seamless shell electro-coated motors can withstand the robust marine environment with o-ring end bells and wired entries that are completely sealed.
This pump was designed for multi-fixtures boats and can provide a home-like shower pressure. It comes with an internal by-pass and unique over-molded single-piece diaphragm. If you choose Shurflo Aqua King II Fresh Water Pump, you will get a product that is ignition-protected, sealed pressure switch, and thermally protected. Plus, they can run quietly and dry without damage.
For the water flow rate of these pumps, expect a .0GPM (11.35LPM) with VOLTAGE of 12 Volts, SHUT-OFF PRESSURE OF 55PSI (3.8BAR) and MAXIMUM AMPERAGE of 6.5Amps. Included with the product are two fittings. In case you found water inside the fitting, this is not because of usage but due to product testing.
- For the easy retrofitting, the 4.0 and 5.0 models have similar fuse/breaker requirements and an identical footprint as the old Aqua King pumps
- Built-in mechanical bypass function delivers smooth water flow rate from 1/4 GPM to 3 GPM, 4 GPM, or 5 GPM
- Heavy-duty motor built to withstand the harsh marine environment
- Ignition protected and feature thermal breakers. They now also include fittings and a twist on inlet strainer
- Inlet strainer and 1/2″ hose barb fittings included
- 3-year warranty
Since this is the next pump in the by-pass Flow Reaction Technology Series, you can expect a lot from this product. This pump offers a smooth water flow and top performance plumbing system with its unique one-piece diaphragm and internal by-pass. This Shurflo 4048153E75 Electric Water Pump uses a flow reaction technology, which makes it a pump for low noise, high flow, and no rapid cycling. You can always rely on this pump and enjoy your water with peacefulness since this demand pump is quiet and can run dry with no damage. This is one of the RV water pumps that are very easy to install since mounting comes in any position and self-priming.
This is a quality and high-performance pump that is using Flow Reaction By-Pass Technology, and it offers smooth low cycling, and high powered flow up to 4 GPM at 55 PSI. With this pump, you don’t need complicated electronics or an accumulator tank because of its automatic demand design. This is also an environment-friendly product since it reduces hazardous waste and efficient power use.
- Smooth, High-Powered Flow
- 4 GPM, 55 PSI, 10 Amps [12 VDC Version]
- Reduced Cycling with Flow Reaction Technology™
- 4 GPM and 55 PSI high performance
- Eco-Friendly design for reduction of hazardous waste and power use
This Pentair SHURflo 8000-543-236 Automatic-Demand Diaphragm Pump is commonly used as an agricultural and industrial pump because it can deliver consistent and dependable operation and priming up to 1.8 GPM (6.8 l/min). This water pump comes with an automatic demand pressure switch and spherically shaped valves, and it is available in different materials that can resist chemicals. Mounting is available in any position, and it is very easy to maintain. The 8000 Series diaphragm pump is available in different voltages, from 12 VDC to 230 VAC.
If you are looking for a pump for your boat and RV, this Pentair SHURflo 8000-543-236 Automatic-Demand Diaphragm Pump is your perfect choice. It can handle any heavy-duty jobs like agricultural spraying and transfer applications without making noise. The pump can be mounted in any position while the Santoprene diaphragm and Viton valves resist corrosion.
- Designed for heavy-duty spraying and fluid transfer applications
- Chemical resistant materials and can run dry with no damage
- Built-in check valve
- 3/8″ NPT-Female Ports
- 60 PSI Demand Switch
- Self-priming up to 8 vertical feet (2.4m)
The Shurflo delivery pumps provide strong performance in high flow, moderate water pressure applications. This Shurflo 2088-554-144 is specifically designed to pump potable water for campers or RVs. Mounting is available in any position, and it is very easy to maintain. Since this is a lightweight pump, you may choose to mount it horizontally or vertically. The manufacturer of this water-pump guaranteed that you will have safe and clean water for consumption or absorption through its materials that are made of Santoprene or polypropylene.
This is one of the top-rated RV water pumps that was designed to pump potable water up to 3.5 gallons per minute. It is only using 4.5 Amps of electric power as you use it every day. Some of the features included are the 3-chamber diaphragm design with a 45-PSI shut-off switch, and it cuts back in at 25 PSI. To prevent reverse flow, the water pump features thermal overload protection and a check valve.
Additional features are self-priming up to a 9-ft head. Shurflo offers a 1-year warranty for this water-pump, and it is NSF-certified to use with potable water. While all those features are indeed great, its downside is its price because other pumps come cheaper compared to this Shurflo 2088 series. But if you want to have an energy-saving water-pump that is lightweight and versatile enough to support vertical and horizontal mounting, then this water-pump is for you.
- Reliable performance
- High-water output, 3.5 gallons per minute
- Safe for potable water and NSF-certified
- Safe Santoprene or polypropylene materials
- 12 Volts Water Pump
This water-pump was designed to pump water up to 3.2 gallons per minute smoothly. It can support up to 5 fixtures, and it runs dry with no harm to the pump. It is also very easy to install, and it comes with plug-in ports (two 1/2″-14 straight pipe ports and two 1/2″ hose bib ports).
- Flojet’s 12-volt quad water system pumps deliver smooth, generous water flow on demand.
- Low voltage, positive shutoff, meets USCG requirements
- The quiet quad comes with two straight Qest, one 90 degrees elbow barbed, and one 1/2 in. barb fittings
- The Quad II’s unique internal bypass eliminates the pulsating water and water pressure switch chatter that can occur at low flow
- Both the quiet quad and the quad II include versatile plug-in port fittings, deliver 3.2 GPM and can be used with up to 5 outlets
This 4008-101-A65 New 3.0 GPM RV Pump Revolution by Shurflo was designed with an uncommon internal by-pass and one-piece diaphragm to guarantee long-life and top performance in all systems of plumbing. The water-pump was expected to go beyond customers’ expectations with its high flow demand, low noise, and rapid cycling. The quality reputation of Shurflo has been built on the dependability and reliability of every pump model.
If you get this Shurflo 4008-101-E65 New 3.0 GPM RV Pump Revolution, you get a freshwater pump that is thermally-protected, super quiet, and can run dry with no damage. Since this water-pump is versatile, you can mount it in any position.
You can stay relaxed and comfortable inside your RV with this Shurflo 4008-101-E65 New 3.0 GPM RV Fresh Water Pump Revolution. This water-pump is thermally protected, super quiet, and can run dry with no damage. Aside from its capability to self-prime, the water-pump can be mounted in any position giving you the versatility, durability, and quality that you need for a water pump.
- Self-priming and runs dry safely
- 1-piece internal bypass and diaphragm design
- Handles up to 55 PSI for a flow rate of 3 GPM
- Check valve for maintenance
- It is very easy to install in different positions like horizontally or vertically
- Runs quietly with low cycling
This Flow Max 689052 Self-Priming 12 Volt Water Pumps can give you the freshwater that you need. The pump can deliver a steady flow of water to your camper or RV, and it is way better compared to the other water-pumps in the market. Its superior pressure performance can pump up t0 3.30 gallons of safe water per minute. This Flow Max 689052 is suitable for larger RVs that have elongated plumbing running from source point and the pump. What’s more about this water-pump that every camper will love is the quiet and disturbance-free operation as it pumps needed water.
If you are a camper, who is looking for a water-pump that can deliver freshwater that you need while outdoors, this Flow Max 689052 Self-Priming 12V Water Pump is one of the options that you should consider. This motorized water-pump can provide you a steady flow of fresh water to your camper or RV. It was designed for heavy-duty pumping, and its corrosion-resistant motor has proven to stay longer. The integrated thermal breaker is protecting the motor from overheating, which makes it an effective pump.
- Self-priming and provides quiet operation
- The water-pump is certified to NSF/ANSI 372 by CSA
- 12 VDC, 9.5 max amps
- Designed for heavy-duty work with corrosion-resistant motor
- Average 3.0 gallons per minute (GPM) flow – Competition* averaged 2.36 GPM when independently tested
- 2-year limited warranty
With this product, it is very easy to keep your showers clean all the time regardless of your location. Since it is a handy little water filter, it can keep away the dirt and bugs from your shower water. With its 20-mesh stainless steel screen, it was designed to pump so unnecessary breakdowns caused by particles in the water can be prevented. The pump’s transparent housing unit was used for instant protection while the screw off the top is for easy cleaning. You will never find any problem with installing the Flojet water-pump because it can be done easily.
Enjoy a smooth flow from 0.7 GPM to 2.9 GPM plus the built-in “Pulsation Eliminator,” so the cycling and noise can be reduced. This is very easy to install, making it the perfect water pump for you.
- With this genuine Flojet product, you don’t have to settle for anything less
- Soft noise absorbing mounts. Pressure switch setting: 3.4 bar
- Self-priming up to 9 feet suction lift, three chambers, and dry running
- built-in bypass for less pulsation, snap-in port fittings
- Corrosion-resistant materials
- Reduces need for an accumulator tank
This Water Diaphragm Self Priming Pump has incredible features, amazing performance, and high-quality components. It can produce flow rate with its 3-chamber high-volume design that is driven by a heavy-duty motor. It has the capacity of self-priming up to 6 vertical feet, and the pump can also run dry that makes its price to the performance leader. Because of its versatility, this 33-Series can be used in different applications and industries like the industrial, marine, janitorial, boat, and RV.
A water pressure pump that comes with a sleek finish and orange and white colors. The pump has the ability of self-priming up to 6 vertical feet, and it features a pressure switch that can be adjusted automatically. It is also capable of running dry operations as well as ignition protected. This water-pump is suitable for food-grade applications.
- The water pump comes with One Diaphragm Pump, One set of instructions, One 50 mesh inlet strainer, and Two 1/2″ barbed hose adaptors
- Comes with 45 PSI pressure setting and can pump up to 3.0 Gallons Per Minute capacity flow
- Voltage: 12 VDC; Amps: 3.0 (6.0 Max. Amps); Dimensions: 7.84″ X 4.62″ X 5.00″
- It is capable of self-priming, smooth, silent operation and can run dry without damage
- Enjoy a four years warranty with this water-pump
This pump has a patented design that can deliver a consistent and smooth flow of water at all ranges of operation while drawing low current. But don’t be surprised if you found some water residue coming out from the pump because the quality test was done before it was shipped out to the customer. Every marine duty pump came with sealed switches and finished with an Electro Coating to resist corrosion. Remember that this is NOT a submersible water pump, so you should NEVER submerge it into the water. The pump’s good cushion from vibration is because of the mounting feet made from soft rubber. If you can install this marine duty freshwater pump, it can serve you years of quiet operation.
The water pump’s patented design is its biggest feature because it can deliver a consistent and smooth flow of water at all ranges of operation. If you can find the perfect low backpressure water system, this pump can exceed any expectations from any user.
- The pump’s good cushion from vibration is because of the mounting feet made from soft rubber.
- Every marine duty pump came with sealed switches and finished with an Electro Coating to resist corrosion.
- If you can install it correctly, this marine duty freshwater pump can serve you years of quiet operation.
- Patented design that can deliver a consistent and smooth flow of water at all ranges of operation while drawing low current.
What are the two main jobs of the best RV water pumps?
Knowing the main jobs of water-pumps will allow you to understand their importance and how they can do the wonder for your travels.
Job #1: Provide pressured water from your rig tank. This is the number one job of your RV water pump. Your RV comes with built-in water tanks where they can store their water. These tanks are commonly found in the base of your trailer or motorhome. Checking these tanks, you will find three different storages for the water. There’s a tank for fresh water, gray or used water, and black or wastewater. With this RV water pump, you will have the supply of water from the kitchen and bathroom faucets, and you can keep the water flow of the shower and toilet.
Job #2: Provides a certain amount of water per minute. The second job of an RV water pump will depend on its capacity and your needs for water supply. Some common trailers or campers are using pumps that can make 3.5 gallons of water per minute while the larger motorhomes are using pumps that can produce around 5.3 gallons of water every minute so it can meet their needs. The produced gallons of water every minute is equated to the pressure per square inch or also called as psi.
What are the things that you should look for when buying a new RV water pump?
- Water specifications. Every RV water pump comes with an RV manual that you can study so you will know how to install and use the pump properly. This manual will also reflect the water specifications of your new RV water pump. If you cannot find the manual, then you need to call a service center or a dealer that is experienced and knowledgeable about the brand of your pump.
- The gallons of water it can produce every minute. This is very vital when it comes to buying a new RV water pump since you would want a pump that can supply your needed amount of water while you are traveling. You can easily find the maximum number of gallons per minute that a pump can produce so you can determine the right pump for your RV.
- Recommended water pressure for your RV. You should find an RV water pump that can provide the recommended water pressure for your RV. Don’t go too much with the water pressure when your RV does not need it because it can cause some trouble when you try to use it for the first time.
- Determine the dimension of your current RV water pump. If you are currently using a water pump, check out its dimension so it will be easier to find the new water pump for RV.
Different Benefits of RV Water Pump
Since we are talking about the RV water pumps and their jobs, we need to know about the different benefits of these products. With these benefits, you will have a better idea of why you need the best RV water pump.
Consistent water supply – Can you imagine traveling in an Rv without a reliable supply of water? You may feel uncomfortable with so many things while you are taking the road. This problem can be solved with a reliable water pump. With this pump, you don’t have to worry about going out and looking for water supply so you can do your hygiene and other necessary duties that will require water. Simply fill up your tanks with enough water, and your RV water pump will make sure that your tap, shower, and toilet will never run out of water.
Save on space – RV water pumps are smaller and lighter than the common water pumps that you can find around. You may also get a water pump with high pressure without sacrificing a big space in your RV.
Energy Efficient – You don’t have to worry about electricity or water bills with an RV water pump since these gadgets can run efficiently using your RV’s battery. While some pumps will require electricity, so they do their jobs well, they don’t go beyond 24 volts, which means they still won’t hurt your electricity bills.
Easy to Install – If you have seen some pumping units that come with very complicated steps to install it, you will find it amazing why RV water pumps don’t work the same when it comes to the installation process. With a simple look at the pump manual and a brief reading and understanding of the steps, it is very easy to connect the pump so you can get started with pumping water to your shower, faucet, tap, and toilet.
Key Features of a Camper Water Pump
With the water pump for RV, you will have two options for their voltage – the 12 volts and 24 volts. The right volt for your RV will depend on your needed amount of water and your RV’s size. You just have to keep in mind that a pump with a lower voltage is more manageable since it consumes less power from the system. While the higher voltage can do a higher performance, but it can drain the battery or generator of your RV.
When determining the right pump water pressure for your RV, the most important thing that you need to consider is the need for your RV. To determine the ideal GPM for your recreational vehicle, you should review your RV owner’s manual. For a tight budget or small to medium-sized RV, choose a water pump that can produce at least 1 gallon of water per minute. But for larger RVs that require a greater amount of water, the recommended water pump can make 5 gallons per minute.
Automated Pump Cycle
To determine if you have a good pump, you should check if the pumping automatically stops once the preset values are reached. The pumping must also start automatically if the water pressure goes below the preset value. With an automated pump cycle, you will have a seamless operation that will never require constant management from you or any of your company. The automatic feature will also prevent any possible plumbing system problems that may occur because of running the pump continually.
Not all RV water pump models do the work quietly. Some pumps can be loud when running, and this is the last thing that you want to hear while taking a nap inside your RV. If you don’t want to deal with this hassle and discomfort, you should find a water pump that can run without making any noise. You will find many of them in the market, and they don’t have to be the most expensive pump.
Unlike those traditional water pumps that you can find at home or any other residence, an RV water pump was designed to receive water from a limited water source. With the self-priming feature, your pump can lift water from the tube, although the water supply is running low. Another thing is you don’t have to worry about damaging your water pump when it is running dry.
Since you have some ideas about the RV fresh water pump and what it does for your RV, it’s time to know some of the best RV water pumps available in the market. This will help you in finding the best water pump for your RV.
How long does RV water-pumps last?
The lifespan of your RV water-pump will depend on how you use it and if you are doing the proper maintenance for your pump. When you purchase a new RV pump, you will find a water-pump manual that you can study well so you will know the proper maintenance of the product. If there is a guide provided, you need to follow it so your water-pump can last longer.
Caravan water pumps come with a filter, and this filter is important to block the debris in the water tank and prevent them from getting into the water pump’s internal valves. As part of the maintenance of the water pump, you need to remove and clean the filter found on the intake side of the pump. With most water-pumps, these filters can be removed so you can clean the screen separately. For those pumps that don’t have a filter, you should buy a filter that is appropriate to the model of your water pump. If there is no room to fit the appropriate filter, then inline filters can also be used.
Every self-contained motorhome needs a water pump so that hookups can be provided. However, we are also aware that the best RV water pumps are frequently used since they stay in full-hookup RV parks. Yet we cannot dismiss the fact that we need to maintain every RV pump so it can be used anytime when you are game for a long road trip or camping.
Never overlook the regular maintenance of your water pump. Don’t make yourself one of those campers who are following the axiom “out of sight, out of mind.” Be responsible for your water pump. Do an annual maintenance check and make corrections if needed so you can ensure that your water pump can perfectly keep the water system from flowing.
What are the advantages of a Shurflo water pump?
If you are looking for the best RV water pump in the market, you should consider looking for Shurflo water pumps. This brand is the best in the category, and it is one of the most reliable water-pumps. The RV community loves Shurflo because of its commitment to deliver and perform. Saying this, you will find many reasons why Shurflo water pumps are your best choice for your RV pump.
- Versatility and flexibility are important factors for a water pump, and that’s what Shurflo water pumps have. Every water-pump from this brand can be mounted in any position, which makes it very convenient to use.
- Shurflo models are thermally protected, and this is one of their best features that you cannot find from other brands of the same category. It can run with no damage under heavy abuse and use.
- Most campers would want a camper water pump that can do its work quietly, and the Shurflo pump is excellent on this. You will never be disappointed with this brand because every water-pump comes with Flow Reaction Technology, which makes it work with minimal to zero noise. The same feature is also responsible for reducing excessive vibration and pump cycling.
- One of the top reasons why the RVing community is preferring the Shurflo pump is because of its price. While you may find Shurflo models competitive and top-performing, they are fairly priced. It can exceed everyone’s expectations since the water-pumps are working above standard.
- The 2-year limited warranty, self-priming, built-in check valve, and internal bypass low cycling are additional reasons why you should go with the Shurflo water pump.
What is the most efficient RV water pump?
The Flojet 03526-144A Water System is the most energy-efficient water pump for RV. This pump can deliver consistent water flow to your RV’s shower, toilet, and taps. It comes with three chambers for optimal water flow, and the maximum capacity is 50 PSI. This Flojet water-pump can deliver a consistent water pressure of 2.9 gallons per minute.
How can I make my RV water pump quieter?
Not all RV water-pumps can do the work quietly, and if you have a water pump that is too noisy for you, don’t worry because there is a solution to that. Get a Water Pump Silencer Kit and connect it directly to your water-pump for RV. With the help of this kit, it can minimize or even eliminate the Jack Hammering noise. The kit comes with soft supply hoses that serve as a cushion to damper the vibrations passed to the harder water supply lines. If you are part of the RB community, you will know that many campers have successfully used this kit.
Are high flow RV water pumps worth it?
Yes, a high flow water-pump can indeed help with reducing the cooling temperature, but it does not mean that it can provide a solution with the overheating issues. With a high flow water-pump or high volume water-pump, you can increase the water flow, which will help in moving the coolant faster.
Generally speaking, higher flow and higher pressure can help with the cooling system. Since the higher pressure is raising the fluid’s boiling point, it decreases the chances of vapor forming in the coolant. With this condition, better cooling, cooler valves, rounder cylinders, and more other improvements can be achieved. The higher flow rate of the water will increase the heat rejection rate from the radiator.
With all those benefits mentioned above, you may also question if these high-performance pumps can help with overheating issues. But according to some experts, if the current problem is not related to coolant, then an upgrade with the water-pump will not deliver a significant improvement with the performance. For instance, if the concern is about a poor fan setup, the presence of a better water-pump will not solve the problem.
With these thoughts, we can say that high flow water-pumps may or may not be worth it. Depending on your problem or your needs, you should evaluate well before you go on with this type of water pump.
Best RV Water Pump Conclusion
With all those options that you can see in the market, finding the best RV water pump for you can be hard. The process will never be simple since the water-pump is important for your travel and camping. You will have to find the right product for your RV. You are not alone with all these struggles because the RVing community has been there in your place. The important part about this search is you know your RV well, and you know your needs as well. With these factors, you are ready to do the shopping for the best water-pump for RV.